- JHMRF Pump Priming Grant
- JHMRF to hold scientific workshop
- JHMRF spends £450,000 on new research projects
- Oncologist researcher makes conference debut with help of JHMRF
- Lily presents to South African conference
- Radiotherapy helped one in three in largest ever trial
- Hope in mesothelioma research
- The SYSTEMS Study
- Top ten mesothelioma research priorities announced
- JHMRF funds new research projects
- COMMAND study investigates mesothelioma drug
- NIHR welcomes proposals for research into mesothelioma
- Survey launched to help identify mesothelioma treatment uncertainties
- University of Leicester leads groundbreaking mesothelioma trials
- Phase II TroVax® trial begins
- Fund awards £120,000 for chemotherapy research
- Research portfolio update
- Clinical Trials in Mesothelioma
- New clinical fellowship funded
- Research Award 2012
Tag Archives: fund
March 22, 2012
We are delighted to announce a clinical fellowship named after Brother Peter Broadhurst O.S.M, who died from mesothelioma in May 2007, leaving a generous legacy to the Fund of £74,000.
The research fellowship will focus on symptom control palliative care, an extremely important aspect of living well with mesothelioma, at the Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre in Glasgow.
For over two years after his diagnosis, Brother Peter wrote letters to family and friends in the hope that he could spread news of his experience in a positive and inspiring way, and to provide courage and comfort to others suffering from mesothelioma. These letters have brought great comfort to many and have been published in his book ‘I Know You By Heart’, copies of which can be obtained directly from The Servite Priory, Benburb, Dungannon, CoTyrone, Northern Ireland BT71 7JZ.
The Fellowship will start in March 2012. We are extremely grateful to Brother Peter for thinking of us, and our biggest wish is that mesothelioma sufferers and their families, carers and friends will benefit from this important work.