- AMD 2018: Meet the Researchers
- An invitation to join us for Action Mesothelioma Day 2018
- JHMRF Pump Priming Grant
- JHMRF to hold scientific workshop
- JHMRF spends £450,000 on new research projects
- Oncologist researcher makes conference debut with help of JHMRF
- Lily presents to South African conference
- Radiotherapy helped one in three in largest ever trial
- Hope in mesothelioma research
- The SYSTEMS Study
- Top ten mesothelioma research priorities announced
- JHMRF funds new research projects
- COMMAND study investigates mesothelioma drug
- NIHR welcomes proposals for research into mesothelioma
- Survey launched to help identify mesothelioma treatment uncertainties
- University of Leicester leads groundbreaking mesothelioma trials
- Phase II TroVax® trial begins
- Fund awards £120,000 for chemotherapy research
- Research portfolio update
- Clinical Trials in Mesothelioma
- New clinical fellowship funded
- Research Award 2012
Tag Archives: Mesothelioma
February 23, 2017
JHMRF are to hold a scientific workshop on Friday 31 March 2017 at Crowne Plaza Hotel, Leeds. It will provide an opportunity for researchers and research teams to explore and prioritise the outstanding research questions in mesothelioma. The meeting will be chaired by Dr Richard Stephens, formerly of the Medical Research Council.
UK mesothelioma research received a boost in 2016 with the announcement of two large awards: £5m of government funding to Imperial College, London for genetic studies (led by Professors Sir Anthony Newton-Taylor and Bill Cookson) and £5m from the Victor Dahdaleh Foundation to the British Lung Foundation for Phase II and III clinical trials in Leicester (led by Professor Dean Fennell), and to support MesoBank and other ground-breaking research studies in Papworth (led by Dr Robert Rintoul). Notwithstanding these two substantial grants, there are still acknowledged gaps in mesothelioma research particularly pre-clinical and translation studies.
JHMRF will offer a pump priming grant of up to £25,000 to develop a collaborative research grant proposal for submission in 2017-18. Details of how to apply will be available on the website shortly.
Places at the workshop are limited. If you would like to attend please email email@example.com for further details.