- A marathon fundraising effort for JHMRF
- Bastow’s mammoth cycling fundraiser for JHMRF
- Copping Brothers’ tribute to their Dad
- JHMRF trustee Vanessa Bridge raises over £600 for the Fund
- Dancing for a cause
- Trustee to cycle from Land’s End to John O’Groats for JHMRF
- HASAG’s incredible support
- The Mansfield Pollard Three Peaks Challenge
- Cyclist goes Head to Head for the Fund
- Merseyside Asbestos Support Group raises over £2,000 for JHMRF
- UCATT Union supports research into mesothelioma
- The Buck family challenge
- Wedding donations in memory of a much-loved father
- GP raises awareness of mesothelioma
- 10/10 for effort, Finstall First School!
- £1,400 raised in memory of dad Charlie Robertson
- Leeds Vicar’s son speaks out and raises funds
- JHMRF’s biggest ever donation
- Alex climbs for his Grandad
- Fundraising round up
- Family pair reach Everest base camp
- The Lung Run
- Christmas cards
- 71 year old double cancer victim completes leg of Tour de France for charity
- Raymond Holland Dock Workers Memorial Fund
- Doing it for Grandad
- Fundraising roundup
- Fantastic asbestos support groups
August 26, 2014
A fantastic family fundraising challenge has enabled the Buck family to donate £822 to JHMRF. Tara Buck and her two sons cycled the Wiltshire Cycleway in memory of her stepdad and the boys’ granddad, Ron Nicholls. They also raised £340 via their Just Giving web page.
Tara says that Ron loved Wiltshire. He was born and brought up in Devizes, and worked as a carpenter in the local area. She said Ron and her Mum had many happy years together and married in 2011. He was diagnosed with mesothelioma in July 2012 and died the following September.
The cycle ride was a big adventure for the family, with younger son Joseph injuring himself on a barbed wire fence at Longleat, and elder brother Sam crashing down a very steep hill at great speed and then meeting a 90 degree bend! “The race ended there for him but, thankfully, he and his bike are now on the mend,” says Tara. Thank you to the Buck family – a great achievement.