- A tribute to Robin Stewart QC
- Action Mesothelioma Day
- A million thanks to you all
- Research round up – June 2011
- Playwright Alan Bennett remembers his roots
- A breathtaking challenge
- Fundraising update June 2011
- Steve Lee hands over the baton to Seble
- A record breaking year for fundraising
- Fund helps Webber research exosome link
- Colorado showcase for Fund immunologist
- Fund backs cancer vaccine for mesothelioma trial
- JHMRF awarded partner status by NIHR
- Tabi team tackle T-cells
- ‘Dust’, the story of June Hancock’s fight opens to critical acclaim
- A thousand for your songs
- June’s Fund reaches £650,000
- ‘Dust’ to be showcased at the West Yorkshire Playhouse
- Patient and Carer Day Leeds 2008
- International Mesothelioma Interest Group Conference 2008
Tag Archives: Action Mesothelioma Day
February 8, 2012
The ‘meet the experts’ event was friendly and informal yet informative and helpful. We were delighted to be joined by a panel of experts who offered their time and knowledge to share with mesothelioma patients and their carers and relatives.
Everyone attending was invited to sit around a table with others, and used this time to ask questions or learn more about individual subjects which included mesothelioma research projects, legal advice and how best to live well with the disease. A truly unique opportunity, which was really appreciated judging by the feedback we received.
Representatives from each of the four research projects currently supported by the June Hancock Mesothelioma Research Fund attended, as did respiratory physicians and oncologists who treat people with mesothelioma and solicitors, and other legal experts, who deal with mesothelioma cases, were also present. The poster displays of research and related topics provided really useful and informative information, and certainly generated much interest.
Local support groups were also on hand talking to people and providing information about their membership and activities.
We look forward to announcing plans for our next AMD event in July this year – please keep checking our website or contact us for more information.